Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bad timing is bad.

So the day after my fiancee went out of town, my computer decided to throw a hissy fit.  It wouldn't do a virus scan on the E drive correctly, but I tried not to worry about it too much.  I got it to scan and nothing turned-up, so I had it scan again.  While it was scanning a second time I got a zillion errors for files that are now corrupt, and the fact that they are corrupt might cause hard-drive problems.
I had no idea how to tell if these were real problems, or like the pop-ups that promise they can make your computer virus free as it installs 20 of them.  I decided the best action would be to leave the computer off until someone who has some idea of what is going on can look at it.
While this isn't too much of a problem on its own, I am going to an anime convention this weekend.  I thought it would be lots of fun if I could bring some of my custom sewn card holders.  The only problem with this is that I need the computer to make the iron-on transfer layouts.
The fiancee doesn't get home until next week, so it looks like no computer for me until next weekend at the earliest.  I don't want to make my computer worse by turning it on and trying to work with it anyway, so it looks like I won't get to make those card holders.
Oh well, maybe I can get some bottle-cap necklaces done in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment