Saturday, July 21, 2012

So happy that the mail-system loves me!

As you might have heard, I have been a bit busy making someone else's designs.  However, I have been making notes about all the ideas I've been getting because of this.  While I have been taking my few-and-far-between waiting-for-glue-to-dry breaks I found this website with super cute beads.
I am in love with most of the things they are selling.  The problem?  The beads look perfect for some of my ideas, but I've been bitten in the bum by that before.  I took a chance and sent them an e-mail.  One of the two owners sent me a reply to my inquiry about the possibility of getting samples.  While he hinted that it would be nice if I bought a lot of beads from them (in a cute way) he said they would be happy to send me samples!  I went from asking for 4 samples to 8, and there was no angry e-mail about abusing the system!
It took a bit longer than I thought it would be for them to process my samples, buuuut... they arrived in the mail a day early!
I knew I couldn't look at them right away.  They would distract me from making the samples I needed to make to pay for my bead habit.  I put them in my suitcase (more about that below) and will look at them once I get there.  Pictures will follow for all to see!

So more about why I need a suitcase.  I have signed-up for an engraving class!  I took it last year and had tons of fun.  There will be a new teacher this year, and I'm excited to see what new things I will be learning.  My "Partner in Crime" is not going this year, and this makes me sad, but I hope I will see a lot of the other friend's I made last year.  I'm hoping to someday be able to engrave some small things to put in my shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment